Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies is a public university institute - with special autonomy - working in the field of applied sciences: Economics and Management, Law, Political Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Plant Biotechnology, Medicine, and Industrial and Information Engineering.
The Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies aims at experimenting innovative paths in research and education. Professors and researchers live and interact with the students, day after day, enjoying a continuous cultural and intellectual exchange. Innovative ideas, which are then developed in collaboration with foreign universities, organizations, companies and research institutes, are generated here.
Due to its international nature, education of excellence and scientific community, the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies established itself as a reference both in Italy and abroad.
In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 (THE), the Sant'Anna School ranked a follows:
- 1st at the national level on a census of 43 institutions
- 9th at world level of best young universities (under 50 years old) (ranking 2018)
Traditionally, Sant’Anna’s School of Advanced Studies’ Phd offer in the following fields is of particular interest for Indian students:
- PhD in Human Rights and Global Politics
- Joint PhD in Economics
- PhD in Management Innovation, Sustainability and Healthcare
- PhD in Agrobiosciences
- PhD in Agrobiodiversity
- PhD in Translational Medicine
- PhD in Emerging Digital Technologies
- PhD in Biorobotics
- PhD in Law
- PhD in Transnational Governance
- PhD in Data Science